QUIZ: ARE YOU IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP AND NEED LEGAL HELP?strong>
- • Are you a victim of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, or sexual assault?
- • Are you concerned about your abusive partner taking your children from you?
- • Are you concerned about your abusive partner taking your belongings?
- • Are you afraid you will be homeless and without options?
- • Do you need legal assistance because of issues that are a consequence of domestic abuse and violence, dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking?
If you answer "yes" to even one, you may qualify for free legal services through Indianhead Community Action Agency's Legal Assistance for Victims program. Every call is confidential. Your safety is our main concern.
For more information, or to submit a referral for services:
- • Clark, Price, Rusk, and Taylor Counties • Call: 715-415-0593 or 715-532-4222 • Visit: 1000 College Ave. W • Ladysmith, WI 54848
- • Barron, Burnett, Polk, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties • Call: 715-415-0371 • Visit: 24467 Hwy 35 • Siren, WI 54893
The Legal Assistance for Victims program provides legal representation for the following:
- • Divorce/Separation
- • Child Custody and Placement
- • Child Support
- • Restraining Orders
- • Unemployment Compensation
- • Access to Fair and Affordable Housing
- • Other areas that will ensure Safety and Independence of Victims and Survivors
In addition to providing free legal services, we advocate on your behalf to help connect you with other agencies and social services providers in your area that can assist you with housing options, utility assistance, food, and other services.
You do have choices. We are here to help you explore your options and make informed choices.