Did you know?
- Every 13 seconds an older adult is seen in the emergency room for a fall related injury.
- Falls among those 65 years and older are the leading cause of both fatal and nonfatal injuries.
- The average cost of hospitalization for a fall related injury is estimated at $35,000.00.
- The cost of a nursing home is estimated between $85,000 and $100,000 per year.
- It has been reported that Wisconsin ranks #1 in deaths from unintentional falls.
Would you like to be able to live safely in your own home for as long as possible? Safe at Home can help reduce the risk of trips and falls in your home to help you live there longer.
We start by scheduling an in-home visit (at no cost to you) with our Registered Nurse to help you assess your risk of falling or loss of balance. Our RN will review your medications to determine if they pose an increased risk for falling or loss of balance. Our RN can also recommend minor home modifications (on a sliding fee scale) that may assist you to move around your home more safely and easily.
The modifications include:
- Grab bars and lift strips
- Raised toilet seats
- Stairway treads
- Hallway railings
- Motion-sensing lights
After the RN's visit, trained staff will come to your home to install the recommended modifications.
Next, the RN will schedule another in-home visit (at no cost to you) to reassess your progress in preventing falls or loss of balance or if there has been any increase in falls or loss of balance.
If you or someone you know could benefit from these services, call 715-532-4222 for more information.