Community Service Block Grant (CSBG) Emergency Services Program
Click the button below to see if you meet the income requirements and qualify! If your household is at or below 125% Federal Poverty Level, you may qualify. Call 715-532-4222 for more information.
Have you gotten behind on your bills? Are you at risk of housing insecurity, food insecurity, eviction, etc.? ICAA’s CSBG Emergency Services program can assist qualifying individuals in Burnett, Clark, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, and Washburn counties with bills that are past due. This includes mortgage payments, rent, security deposits, utilities, cell phones/phone cards, auto repairs, and more.
If you are interested in receiving assistance, please complete follow the below steps and email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: You may only receive assistance for up to 3 months starting from the date of your application within a 12-month period. In addition, should you reach the maximum limit of financial assistance prior to the 3 month timeframe, you will have to wait for further assistance for exactly one year from the date of your application.
Finally, funds are provided based on eligibility and type of need. Assistance is awarded to those that provide all documentation needed on a first come first serve basis.
To apply for CSBG services you will need the following. (All Fillable Forms are listed below)
- A completed CSBG application, all sections must be completed or NA for not applicable.
- A completed “Client Referral Form”, for anyone over the age of 18 in the household
- Client Intake Form
- Proof of income for anyone over the age of 18 in the household via either:
- One month of paystubs
- SSI or SSDI award letter
- “Zero-Income Attestation Form” with the most recent month’s bank statement.
- If self-employed, a “Self-Generated Income” with the most recent month’s bank statement.
- Copies of the PAST DUE bills that you are in need of assistance with.
- If you do not need assistance with past due bills, and you are looking for a gas voucher or vehicle repair, please write in your response what specifics you have about the current situation.
- If you are looking for assistance with rent, we will need a copy of your lease, something that displays what past due amount is owed, and your landlords contact information.
- If you are looking for assistance with your mortgage, we will need a copy of your mortgage paperwork and something from your mortgage company that displays the past due amount that is owed.
Applications and Forms (Click links below to complete the fillable forms):
For alternate help with rental assistance, visit: www.wisconsinruralhousing.org.
Information on Weatherization:
CSBG does not offer weatherization assistance. If you are in need of weatherization services and you are in the following counties: Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, Wood, Marathon, and Lincoln counties, please click this link to contact NCCAP: http://www.northcentralcap.org/weatherization/
Available Weatherization Services through NCCAP
Services and items available through the weatherization program are:
- Installing insulation in the attic, walls, floors and basements
- Replacing, water heaters, freezers, refrigerators and dehumidifiers
- Heating system analysis and testing
- Replacing thermostats
- Air sealing
- Install CFL/LED lighting
- Install smoke detectors
- Install carbon monoxide detectors
- Install ventilation equipment
Available Limited Weatherization Services:
- Installing LED lighting
- Replacing refrigerators and/or freezers
- Installing low flow showerhead(s)
- Installing faucet aerator(s)
- Vent/re-vent clothes dryer with metal venting material
Available Emergency Furnace Repair and Replacement Services:
- Repair non-working furnaces
- Replace non-working furnaces
- Heating system analysis and testing
A Few of our Program Partners