Indianhead Community Action Agency is looking to add a Community Outreach Assistant.
The perfect candidate would be able to provide outreach, education, and application assistance in ICAA’s service area to raise awareness of the Lifeline Outreach program, and program assistance to other agency programs. The Community Outreach Assistant will attain this awareness through community involvement at events, town halls, meetings with community partners, distributing flyers, and meeting individually with eligible individuals. This position requires a candidate who is self-motivated, organized, accountable, and comfortable in a variety of social situations.
REPORTS TO: Fund Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travel within ICAA’s service area to attend community events, and provide outreach in the form of flyers, brochures, and posters.
- Attend community meetings (county board meetings, community groups, CoC’s, etc.) and events to promote the Lifeline Outreach program.
- Schedule regular outreach meetings with community leaders and agencies who work with low- income individuals.
- Raise awareness of the program in ICAA’s communities answering questions regarding the program and services.
- Keep track of data including number of outreach events attended and hosted, number of outreach materials distributed, and number of individuals provided application assistance for the program.
- Answer calls with questions regarding the program and events being held.
- Communicate weekly with the Program Director to discuss progress of the program and develop outreach plans.
- Create outreach materials in the form of flyers, brochures, posters, and social media content pertinent to the Lifeline Program.
- Assist agency programs in a variety of ways including but not limited to data entry, mailing/packaging, taking phone calls, and other means of support to meet program outcomes
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills and record keeping skills.
- Complete understanding of ICAA’s mission, goals, and all program requirements.
- A post-secondary education is not required, but this would be an excellent learning opportunity for a student of marketing or advertising.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver’s License with proof of current vehicle insurance. Minimum of High School Diploma.
THIS ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE OR CHANGE THE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE NEED ARISES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
STARTING WAGE: $16-18/hour
- Monday to Friday, full-time hours.
- Weekends, as needed.
ABILITY TO RELOCATE/COMMUTE:
Ladysmith, WI 54848: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To be considered for an interview, applicants must submit:
- ICAA application
- Resume with cover letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of degree/licenses (if applicable)
Apply by sending the above documentation to:
ICAA, Attn: Recruiter
1000 College Ave. W
Ladysmith, WI 54848
For more information, please call 715-532-4222 and ask for HR.
ICAA is an equal opportunity employer and provider operating under an approved Affirmative Action Plan. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.