ICAA Home Visiting – Healthy Families America® Affiliate (ICAA Home Visiting – HFA) promotes positive parenting and child health and development, thereby preventing child abuse, neglect, and other poor childhood outcomes!
Healthy Families America® Strategy, developed by Prevent Child Abuse America, Healthy Families America®, is a voluntary home visiting program founded on the ideals of excellence, trust, and transformation. It is designed for parents facing challenges such as single parenthood; low income; childhood history of abuse and other adverse child experiences; current or previous issues related to substance abuse; mental health issues; and/or domestic violence.
ICAA Home Visiting – HFA offers additional referral services to improve functioning of the entire family. Highly trained home visitors provide valuable guidance and support to help parents be the best that they can be. Home visitors then develop a trusting relationship with parents and help them be more emotionally available for their child. We offer at least one home visit per week for the first six months after the child’s birth. After those initial months, visit frequency is based on families’ needs.
ICAA Home Visiting aims to:
- Reduce child maltreatment
- Improve parent-child interactions and children’s social-emotional well-being
- Increase school readiness
- Promote child physical health and development
- Promote positive parenting
- Promote family self-sufficiency
- Increase access to primary care medical services and community services
- Decrease child injuries and emergency department use.
ICAA Home Visiting provides services to help families with:
- Identifying baby’s needs
- Learning how to bond with their child
- Ensuring families have a medical provider
- Sharing information on the child’s development
- Linking families to other resources in the community
- Helping families feel more empowered
- Setting goals for themselves and their families
Pregnant moms or parents of a newborn can join ICAA Home Visiting-HFA by calling 715-532-1601.
Eligibility: Pregnant women or parents who have babies less than 3 months old and are Sawyer, Clark, Taylor, Rusk, and Washburn County residents, regardless of income or cultural background.
How to Enroll: Pregnant moms or parents of a newborn can join ICAA Home Visiting – HFA by calling 715-532-1601.