Indianhead Community Action Agency is looking for the right candidate to fill the Legal Assistance for Victims (LAV) Attorney position and join our nonprofit team! This is currently a full-time position with benefits including life, health, and dental insurance; paid time off; paid holidays; tax-sheltered annuity; and flexible work schedules.
We are looking for an LAV Attorney to provide legal representation to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and/or stalking in areas that are directly impacted by that violence. This may include representing victims in the areas of child support, child custody, divorce/separation, unemployment compensation, immigration, access to fair and affordable housing, property rights, and other areas of law that will ensure the safety and independence of the victim.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to serving indigent clients
- Provide excellent client representation in judicial and administrative proceedings for victims of domestic violence, dating violence, stalking, and sexual assault
- Collaborate with LAV Coordinator to select appropriate cases for representation using the LAV program’s approved policies and procedures and the approved case selection criteria
- Effective case management
- Will divide time appropriately between Barron, Burnett, Polk, Sawyer, and Washburn counties.
- Responsible for data tracking as per policies and procedures and submitting required reports in advance of federal reporting deadlines
- Maintains education and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences, and workshops
- Responsible for maintaining CLE credits and state licensing
- Maintain confidentiality of all client information
- Host legal clinics monthly
Education and Experience: Law degree and licensed to practice law in Wisconsin. Have completed or willingness to complete trauma-informed care training prior to working with LAV clients. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and its applications.
License/Certification: Proof of degree in law, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, current vehicle insurance.
THIS ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE OR CHANGE THE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE NEED ARISES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Starting Wage: $55,000/year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
To be considered for an interview, applicants must submit: ICAA application, Resume, Cover Letter, Letters of Recommendation, References, Proof of degree/licenses (if applicable).
To Apply send the above documents to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: ICAA, Attn: Recruiter • 1000 College Ave. W • Ladysmith, WI 54848
- Fax: 715-532-1503
- For more information call: 715-532-4222 or visit www.indianheadcaa.org
ICAA is an equal opportunity employer and provider operating under an approved Affirmative Action Plan. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply.