Mission: To assist individuals in achieving self-sufficiency by providing the resources, education, and services necessary to develop healthy families, sustainable communities, and strong local businesses.
Vision: ICAA is the recognized leader for ending poverty and creating sustainable communities through self-sufficiency in Wisconsin’s rural areas.
Values: ICAA believes in the collective responsibility and commitment to serve clients, partners, co-workers, and other stakeholders which is fundamental to creating sustainable communities. ICAA serves with excellence, compassion, and responsiveness to meet the needs of those with whom we work – internally and externally.
- Respect: ICAA believes everyone should be treated with respect by listening to and acknowledging different viewpoints to create positive relationships with our clients, partners, and colleagues to improve our ability to achieve our mission and vision. This philosophy includes recognizing the inherent worth and dignity of every person and treatment of all with justice, equality, and compassion.
- Leadership: ICAA believes each person should take responsibility for exhibiting professional leadership behavior and communication skills while performing trustworthy, ethical behaviors which support the mission and vision to meet the needs of the populations we serve.
- Collaboration: ICAA believes in the power of community through collaboration and building strong relationships based on trust with those who share our vision of creating sustainable communities. We work collaboratively with partners to accomplish the vision at regional and local levels, valuing each other’s roles and while engaging in open processes and honest communication including responsiveness to input and counsel of our partners.
- Stewardship and Accountability: ICAA keeps faith with public trust through the efficient and compassionate use of resources entrusted to us to be mindful that our mission is accomplished through the generosity of others. We maintain and communicate accurate and timely information and meet compliance standards on related research, education, advocacy, and service in addition to evaluating and accounting regularly for how resources are used to implement and achieve the agency’s mission. We expect each person to be accountable by taking ownership of problems, mistakes, successes, and failures. The identification of problems is important, but delivery of solutions is vital to our success and is truly a sign of a professional.
- Immediacy: ICAA operates with an acute sense of immediacy which reflects the acute needs of the individuals we serve. We challenge our employees, volunteers, and partners to embrace the same sense of urgency to accomplish our shared vision.
- Innovation: ICAA will seek and support emergent, innovative, or cutting-edge changes in thinking, services, processes, and partnerships in order to effect positive change and increase our capacity to serve agencies and meet the needs of our individuals, families, and communities.
- Integrity: ICAA acts with honesty, trust, and openness and delivers on commitments. We act within the spirit of agreements, contracts, and the law with intentions and activity intended to be transparent and above reproach.
- Diversity: ICAA believes the ethnic, cultural, and social diversity of our nation should be reflected in our clients, staff, board, and network.
- Health Equity: ICAA understands poverty and social equity issues among the families and individuals we serve are primarily the results of policies around the social, economic, and educational determinant of health including challenges to equitable access to health care. We understand issues of poverty and health are integral to our agency’s mission.